Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Likely Story


Like, like, like...whatever.
Over the last two days, I've said the word “like” more times than a Valley girl at a slumber party. Not only did I barely know what Facebook was when I got involved with this book project, but had no idea that people can click onto someone's Facebook site and “like” a page.
I would think a supposed genius like Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg would have devised a better term than “like” a page, but I digress.
My niece and marketing manager, Andrea, has set a goal of 100 likes on the Crazy Lucky Dead page. Apparently, having 100 likes could impress an agent or publisher, and at least let them know that I'm out here swinging my bat.
Plus the fact that I'm blogging on Wednesday and Saturday mornings to Facebookers can't hurt either, as “liker” Bridget Brooks put it:
“You'll hear this a lot in publishing – connecting with your readers early and often is very attractive to a publisher.”
So the journey continues. BTW: The scoreboard currently reads:
·        20 query letters mailed to agents March 8 and 9, and no responses yet.
·        Eight query letters sent by e-mail to agents, with three refusals and 0 acceptances.
I guess I should be a bit discouraged with no agents interested yet, but I'm not going to be. I'm in this for a one-year haul. An old Southern adage says that if you don't wanna run with the big dogs, then stay on the porch.
I wanna run with the big dogs.

1 comment: